Webhooks are the way all the decisions and events are communicated by Veriff. If the status of a verification session changes, an event webhook will be sent out. When the final decision is made, a decision webhook with all the related data is sent to you.
Webhooks can also be viewed in the Back Office in the verification session view. From there, if necessary, all the webhooks can also be resent.
You can receive a specific decision with a decision webhook when testing our services (in Test Integration). Simply enter the decision you want to receive with the decision webhook in the "First Name" field when creating a session. Please enter "Approve", "Resubmit" or "Decline" depending on the decision you want to get.
The event webhook's code can be one of the following:
- 7001 - Started: the verification session has been accessed by the customer but has not been yet submitted for a review.
- 7002 - Submitted: the verification session has been submitted to Veriff and we are in the process of verifying the customer
The Decision webhook's code can be one of the following:
- 9001 - Positive: the customer was verified, the process was completed correctly and the decision is "Approved".
- 9102 - Negative: the customer was not verified, the process was completed but the verification is "Declined".
- 9103 - Resubmitted: the customer was asked for a resubmission, as something was missing and Veriff was not able to give a conclusive decision.
- 9104 - Negative: the verification session has expired. If the customer has accessed the verification session but did not finish the process, the status will be "Abandoned". In case the customer never arrived in our environment, the status will be "Expired".
You can read more about webhooks in our API documentation.
We strongly encourage you to use SSL for webhook endpoints in Live environment, as sensitive data is being transmitted.